Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I'll Be Seeing You Through Time FREE 6/30 & 7/1





An enchanting time-travel romance for fans of Jude Deveraux and Diana Gabaldon.

It’s 1942 and the world is at war. It’s difficult, but engaged couple, Jewel and Glenn, know they must say goodbye. Tomorrow, Glenn is shipping out on to the South Pacific. That is until he stops the Second Chance Bookstore on the way back to the base. 

Suddenly, Glenn finds himself in 2013 with the woman he loves a half-century away.

Can the Dimension Keepers find an answer, or will Glenn and Jewel be ripped apart by the fabric of time forever?

Excerpt from I’ll Be Seeing You Through Time

She was crying now. They both were.
He pushed her back against the wall of the building and kissed her hard. She struggled; she didn’t want this. “No.” She shoved him back and wiped a hand over her mouth. “You’re trying to say goodbye,” she wept. “Dammit, don’t go off and die and leave me alone. I won’t let you.”
“You have to let me go.” He grasped her so tight that his fingernails dug through the material and into the flesh of her arms. “Promise.”
“I can’t. I gave you my heart and you can’t ask me to give it away to someone else. This is not your decision, it’s mine. My heart is mine to give away and I’ve given it to you.”
The look in his eyes broke her heart. His mouth was set in a straight line when he spoke. “Will you come to the dock tomorrow and say goodbye?”
“I’ll come, but I won’t say goodbye.”
“That makes two of us. I can’t say goodbye either. Don’t come. Maybe it might be easier that way.” He dropped his gaze and stepped back.
She nodded, but she knew she’d be at the ship at eight a.m. She would have to see him one last time. Jewel turned and ran up the front steps and didn’t look back. She couldn’t.

Excerpt 2
The ground under Glenn’s feet shook. He widened his stance, and threw a hand against the cool brick wall. “What the…. am I being transported again?” he asked, as he desperately looked down, but the ground was solid again.
“Are you all right?” Hadley reached for him but the man’s image shimmered.
“I’m…” This time he was thrown to his knees. He dropped the bag on the concrete. The white paper containers and reddish yellow contents leaked across the sidewalk.
Hadley pulled him to his feet and dragged him forward. Another blast rocked through him and then the pain hit. He cried out and cupped his ears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment